By Hermann Janeschitz-Kriegl, Joachim Meissner
The current monograph is meant as an advent right into a box which definitely didn't obtain right cognizance long ago. it's one of many goals of this booklet to ensure this suppo sition. the writer hopes to teach that the means of the size of circulate birefringence can fulfil an incredible com plementary activity in polymer soften rheology. From this element it really is anticipated that the current monograph will allure the atten tion of polymer scientists regularly, and of rheologists and method engineers specifically. definitely, the fourth bankruptcy will attract the latter workforce. As a instructor in polymer technology and expertise the writer desires to handle additionally the crowd of the graduate scholars. in truth, the traditional wisdom obtained in the course of traditional collage reviews in chemistry, physics or engineering doesn't let a brief begin of analysis actions within the box of polymer soften rheology. definitely, during this generally interdisciplinary box everybody can lay emphasis on issues that are familar to hirn as a result of his previous schooling. major learn actions, although, can simply be generated at the foundation of a extra common wisdom. within the absence of this information rookies need to rely on the suggestions in their supervisors for an unduly lengthy interval. in a different way they take the danger of wasting an excessive amount of in their expensive time. This holds specifically for the experimentalists who can't be distributed from being acquainted with the required theoretical background.
Read Online or Download Polymer Melt Rheology and Flow Birefringence PDF
Best polymers & textiles books
Harm from corrosion expenses billions of bucks in keeping with yr. Controlling corrosion calls for a primary, in-depth knowing of the mechanisms and phenomena concerned, and this figuring out is healthier completed via complex analytical tools. the 1st publication to regard either floor analytical and electrochemical concepts in one reference, Analytical equipment in Corrosion technological know-how and Engineering equips you with hands-on instruments for fixing corrosion difficulties and bettering corrosion resistance.
"Chemical identification matters are of imperative value to the profitable implementation of the Registration, review, Authorization and limit of chemical compounds (REACH), either for the regulated neighborhood and for the ecu Chemical corporation (ECHA) accountable for REACH's implementation. a number of nomenclature platforms exists, a few with related naming conference but in addition with seriously very important changes.
This very useful e-book is meant to teach how composites are more and more getting used in real-world functions in components the place the first fabric selection some time past may were solely metals-based. a chain of in-depth case experiences examiines the layout methods considering placing jointly plane fuselages, Formua 1 automobiles, Transit van roofs, infrastructure structures for water remedy and garage and plenty of different novel functions for FRCs.
- Introduction to polymer chemistry: a biobased approach
- Expanded PTFE Applications Handbook. Technology, Manufacturing and Applications
- Flow-Induced Structure in Polymers
- Lightweight Aggregate Concrete. Science, Technology, and Applications
- Carbon Nanotube Based Composites : Processing, Properties, Modelling and Application
Additional info for Polymer Melt Rheology and Flow Birefringence
2. Wc If the gap angle becomes too large, secondary flow becomes rather pronounced. The components of this flow are in the plane of the drawing. If inertia effects in the fluid are negligible, as in our case, one finds only a secondary flow which is due to the elastic properties of the fluid. It is Fig. 2: Scheme of the cone-and-plate apparatus: R •.. •. •• normal thrust. H. ) 22 effectively suppressed by interna I friction, if the gap angle is small. In this way stream lines become almost circles around the axis, as already mentioned.
1. This apparatus furnishes accurate data in the range of medium and very low frequencies, where the loss angle (see eq. 9» differs only little from ninety degrees. In this range the polymer melt is a typical elastico-viscous fluid. ) The highly viscous polymer melt can, in general, be suspended between the concentric cylinders. It does not flow out of the gap, in general, in the time needed for the measurements. The filling of the gap between these cylinders is accomplished at room temperature, where the polymer is asolid.
36 range between 112 0 C and 1900 C. For the reference temperature 1500 C was chosen. In Fig. 8 the pertinent shift factor ais plotted as a full line against 1/T, where T is the absolute temperature 50 ). This is the first example, as given in this monograph, for the usefulness of the time temperature superposition principle in widening the "experimental window". The circles in this figure show that the same shift factor also holds for non-linear extensional results as will be showu later. The curves drawn through the experimental points of Fig.
Polymer Melt Rheology and Flow Birefringence by Hermann Janeschitz-Kriegl, Joachim Meissner